Thursday, May 13, 2010

Skipping Nap

Every time Ben does not have school that is one of the first questions that he asks me. If they can skip nap today. I know some kids stop taking naps around three years old but my kids need a nap. Not only do they need a nap but since they are pretty close in age they need the quiet time away from one another more than they need the nap itself. The time alone makes them both happier towards each other and helps to get their attitudes back up if they are acting up. I do sometimes let them skip their naps especially if it is really nice outside and they can stay out and play while Aidan is napping. Most times though I tell them they need to take a nap though. I never expect Ben to fall asleep but he is always the very first to slumber. Maddie can talk and stay up forever but she is very good at staying in her bed and waiting for nap time to be over. Sometimes she sleeps as well if she is very tired. Basically nap time is for me. I need a break. I'm not ashamed to admit it really. I need some time to myself during the day so I can gather my thoughts and have a little time for relaxation or to get things done I can not do while the kids are around.

No comments: