Friday, November 12, 2010

Trick Or Treat

This year we took the kid trick or treating like every year we also stopped at my grandmothers house. It is always really strange going there and not being able to stop in for a visit. I remember going there every Halloween and hanging out with the grandparents during the trick or treat hours. Grandma would always have special candy for me and I could always go there to the bathroom and she would sometimes cook dinner for us so that we would eat something other than candy. She would give us something to drink and let me hand out the candy to the kids that came to the door when I was taking my break. I really missed that this year. It seems like so long ago we were able to go there an visit but it was not that long ago really that we were making funeral arrangements and they were putting the house up for sale.
I was really hoping that someone in the family was going to buy it so that we could always go there but it did not work out that way. It was probably better but it was sad to see the house go to a stranger. I really missed just walking in this past Halloween with the kids.

No comments: