Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Michigan


Last minute the kids and I decide to take a last trip of the summer before school starts type of vacation. It was to Michigan. We have a friend that happens to have a little cottage on the beach and she invited us to go and spend a few days. I have to admit I was a little nervous that I would not be able to handle it without Ken's help. I have never taken the kids on and overnight stay by myself more less a few nights. I was worried that I would not be able to do it alone. I have actually never been away from Ken since 1999 unless I was having a child in the hospital. It was a little weird. I then found out there that I did not get any cell phone reception either so I would not even really be able to talk to him. I was so nervous the first night. I was actually a little sad and worried. However after the first night I got used to it and did just fine. I had a few friends there to help me and if it wasn't for them I would have not been able to do it. I am so thankful to have them in my life. We ended up having a great time and hope to go back next year.

No comments: